A Series of Thank-Yous: To the Women

To my beautiful sisters in Christ, thank you for being you. 


Me to you.
To the women whose gentle example inspires me to become what I was made to be, thank you. 

To the women whose subtle admonitions encouraged me to grow, thank you. 

To the women who cared for me when I was sick, tired, upset, or angry, thank you for your patience and understanding. 

To the women who went out of the way to make me feel loved and appreciated, thank you. 

To the women who stopped by my dorm room to offer cookies (or food of any kind), thanks. 



To the women who invited me to Mass, to talks, or to share a meal, thank you for thinking of me. 

To the women who courageously stood outside of the abortion clinic with me, thank you for caring for all women, including the most vulnerable. 

To the women who approached tedious situations with love, thank you for practicing what you preached. 

To the women who admit they aren’t perfect but nonetheless know their identities as daughters of the King, you rock.

To my sisters in Christ who model themselves after our Heavenly Mother, model of perfect virtue, it shows. Thank you for your devotion.  

To all those genuine women, you are beautiful. Thank you for being unabashedly yourselves. 

To the women who strive to better themselves daily for the glory of God, you inspire me and all those around you to do the same.

To the women who call on the men around them to become true heroes of the faith, thank you a thousand times over. 

My sisters, you are lovely because you are loved. Know that I love and appreciate you. Thank you for living your faith. 

“When a man loves a woman, he has to become worthy of her. The higher her virtue, the more noble her character, the more devoted she is to truth, justice, goodness, the more a man has to aspire to be worthy of her. The history of civilization could be written in terms of the level of its women.” —Venerable Fulton Sheen


This year, the Lord blessed me with the abundant love (agape) and friendship of many holy men and women. This post and a previous one are a series of thank-yous to these faithful friends and strangers who have done the work of the Lord without hesitation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This