A Series of Thank-Yous: To the Men

To the men who showed me what it means to be a woman of God by their example, calling me on to do His work, thank you. 

To the men who saw their sister in Christ struggling to realize her identity as a daughter of God, thank you for listening and loving me through those difficult times. 

To the men who walked me back to the door of my dorm at night, come hell or high water, I cannot thank you enough. (And if you trudged through the snow to do so, you probably knocked a few years off Purgatory. I'm sanctifying you.) 


To the men (and the wonderful women) who showed me how to swing dance, you've changed my life for the better. You have given me a confidence I've never before possessed, and for that I thank you. 

To the man who listened to his mother and took me to dinner on that first, difficult night of college, thank you. 

To the man who emailed me encouragement during my first, tough week of college, that meant more than you realize. Thank you. 

To the men who courageously stood outside of the abortion clinic, praying for the women and children inside, you are incredible witnesses to life. Thank you. 

To the man who dug through the garbage in search of my lost ID, you set the bar sky-high, and the other men can't keep up. Thank you. 

To the men whose witness outside of strip clubs changed hearts, thank you for your strength and bravery. 

To the men who cleared my dishes after every meal, thank you. A special shoutout to the man who picked up my plate when I was eating alone, and so kindly invited me to sit with you, taking the time to speak with me even though you had finished eating and it was your birthday--you know who you are, and know that I am grateful. 

To the men who shared or gave up their umbrellas in the rain, my hair thanks you. 

To the men who gave up their jackets for my freezing self, thank you. 

To the men who shocked me with their silent witnesses of Christian life, you rock. Thanks. 

To the men who put my comfort before their own, you make me feel like a princess. I can't thank you enough. 

To the men who challenged me to grow as a Christian and a woman, I hated you sometimes, but ultimately God used you to bless me abundantly, and I thank you. 

To the men who protect my dignity as a woman, you are true warriors of Christ. Thank you. 

To the men who inspire me to grow as a woman of God, you probably don't know you're doing so. Just keep doing what you're doing. Thank you. 

To the men who let Our Lady lead them to her Son, Mamma's boys never seemed so cool. Thanks for being you. 

To all of those men striving to know and do the Will of God, thank you from the bottom of my heart, a thousand times over. Your sister in Christ wants you to know that you are appreciated and loved. Thank you for being men, not boys, and thank you for caring for God's daughters. 


quickmeme.com


This year, the Lord blessed me with the abundant love (agape) and friendship of many holy men and women. This post and this one to the women are a series of thank-yous to these faithful friends and strangers who have done the work of the Lord without hesitation. 

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome--it expresses what so many of my friends and I were also blessed to experience at Franciscan. Isn't God just so good? (and the guys can be pretty good at cooperating with Him) I love the meme, as well. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This